◀ Back to all news
Hub of activity
The Link Thamesmead is fast becoming ‘the link’ for many agencies and service providers over and above our partners who have made The Link their permanent home.
These include Thamesmead Youth Voice who run two sessions a week, including an Access group for newbies, Pixel Form Studios film club, BG Homework Club which run maths, science and English classes twice a week and fortnightly dressmaking workshops and knitting sessions which are run by local resident Cherry Kent.
As well as the drop-in evenings each Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Archway Project also offers a weekly cycle workshop and riding trips too and the first three Monday’s in February, they are holding Movie Nights.
Weekly dance and visual arts activities for adults are being run on Wednesdays with older members of the community particularly welcome. The dance classes are facilitated by Theatre Street Performing Arts with the art sessions being facilitated by a range of artists.
There’s also a whole range of volunteering opportunities at The Link and the Archway Project including:
- Access Group Volunteers (open to over 21s only), The Link
- TYV Group Volunteers (open to over 21s only), The Link
- Filmmaking Club (open to over 21s only), The Link
- Thamesmead Youth Action Link (open to over 21s only), The Link
- Café Assistants, The Link
- Reception Assistants, The Link
- Mechanics (over 21s only), Archway Project
- Photography (over 21s only), Archway Project
- Cookery (over 21s only), Archway Project
- IT (over 21s only), Archway Project
If all these activities and opportunities are making you thirsty, get in touch! Either pop down to take part in an activity or contact the Trust Thamesmead’s Volunteers Co-ordinator, Sarah Feleppa, if you want to know about any of the volunteering opportunities, T: 020 8320 4470 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org